• First softball player ever inducted into Mississippi
Sports Hall of Fame.
• Four-time All-State pitcher at Belaire High in Baton
• Southland Conference pitcher of the year in 1998
at Nicholls State.
• After transferring to Southern Miss, led USM to two
College World Series (1999-2000).
• 2000 Honda National Softball Player of the Year.
• Pitched perfect game against No. 1 ranked Arizona
in the 2000 College World Series.
• Set NCAA records for career victories and
• Once struckout 21 LSU Tigers in an NCAA
• Between her junior and senior seasons, she
played for Team USA in international competition.
• Record 95 of USM’s 115 victories (1999-2000).
• Inducted into USM’s exclusive Legends Club in
Did You Know?
Blades-Rogers had several opportunities to continue her softball career after graduating from USM. She chose instead to raise a family with former USM baseball pitcher Chad Rogers. She instructs softball pitchers in her spare time.