Born: August 25, 1941
Birthplace: Milledgeville, Ga.
Year of Induction: 2012
Member of the 1958-1959 Florida state champion.
Miami High School football team.
• Received a bachelor’s, master’s and educational specialist degrees at Mississippi College(1964, 1969, 1978).
• Earned Ph.d from Mississippi State.
• Led Raymond High School’s track team to four state championships (1966-1970).
• Won a District 6 football title (1977).
• Named Magnolia Conference football and overall coach of the year (1967).
• Coached Mississippi and Pro Football Hall of Famer Jackie Slater at Jackson Wingfield.
• Inducted into Mississippi Association of Coaches Hall of Fame 1996.
• Served as president of the Mississippi High School Athletics Association (1991-2011).
• Elected to the National Federation of State High School Associations board of directors (2006.)
• Served on the NFHS Strategic Planning Committee (2007)
• Elected president of NFHS board of directors (2009).
Did You Know?
When Proctor took over as Executive Director of the Mississippi High School Athletics Association in 1991, the program had less than $100,000 in the bank and sponsored just nine sports.
Under his leadership, the MHSAA added 15 sports, bringing the total number to 24. It also put championship events on television, moved major events to bigger and better venues and added corporate sponsorships. He left the MHSAA with a financial reserve of over $2 million.