• Lettered in football, basketball, track and tennis at Hattiesburg High School
• Sports Editor,Hattiesburg American newspaper
• Sports writer, Jackson Daily News
• Sports publicist for the Senior Bowl
• 33 years as sports information director at USM (1957-1980)
• Covered 325 Consecutive USM football games
• Charter member, Mississippi Sportswriters Hall of Fame (1980)
• 26 years as publicity director for the former Deposit Guaranty Golf Classic
Did You Know?
Ace Cleveland was the third former sports writer inducted into the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame, joining Bob Hartley and Carl Walters in the shrine. His sportswriting legacy lives on: sons Rick and Bobby were both sportswriters for The Clarion-Ledger in Jackson, MS. Rick is now the Executive Director of the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame & Museum. Ace’s grandson Tyler is a sportswriter in Madison, MS.