• Basketball standout at Amanda Elzy High
• Played freshman and sophomore seasons at Delta State where he was two-time All-Gulf South Conference, was the league’s MVP his sophomore season, and led the Statesmen to victories at Mississippi State and to two Sweet 16 appearances.
• Played junior and senior season at Ole Miss, averaging 26 points per game and making All-SEC twice.
• Scored 53 points to lead Ole Miss to a 113-112 victory over LSU on March 4, 1989 in one of the most famous Mississippi basketball games of all-time. Chris Jackson scored 55 for LSU.
• Named to Ole Miss All-Century team
• Inducted Ole Miss Athletic Hall of Fame, 2002
• Drafted in the first round by the Minnesota Timberwolves in 1992.
• Played for Timberwolves, Detroit Pistons, New Jersey Hornets in the NBA, averaging eight points per game for his career.
• Played internationally in Italy, France and Israel.
• Returned to coach at his alma mater, Amanda Elzy, in 2009.
• Guided Amanda Elzy to Class 4A state championships in 2012 and 2013.
Did You Know?
Gerald Glass made his mark in basketball but his first love was music. He played drums and then bass guitar in a gospel group known as The Archie Singers.