Freeze-signed Egg Bowl game ball, anyone?
Posted on: August 02,2013
Your Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and Museum’s most fun event of the calendar year is set for Saturday night at the museum: The Drawdown of Champions (and silent auction) culminates the BancorpSouth Induction Banquet Weekend.
The drawdown and auction event is scheduled (6:30-9:30 p.m.) and is sponsored by Puckett Machinery and Young Wells Williams & Simmons. The drawdown is for $5,000. The cost of admission (and entry into the drawdown) is $50 per person, which includes food from over 20 Jackson restaurants and an open bar. (Beat that for a Saturday night out!) Call 601 982-8264 for tickets or purchase at the door. It’s casual.
Much sports memorabilia, of course, will be auctioned along with:
• Prime tickets at Arthur Ashe Stadium for the U.S. Tennis Open, donated by the family of deceased Hall of Famer Slew Hester, the driving force behind the U.S. Nation Tennis Center at Flushing Meadow, NY.
• A weekend retreat in an authentic Appalachian log home in the heart of Lookout Mountain, donated by Charlene and Jim Keith.
• A French Quarter weekend in a condo, donated by Kim and Joe McNulty.
Diamond teardrop eaarings, donated by Lee Michael’s Fine Jewelry.
• Among the restaurants contributing food to the festivities (in alphabetical order):
• Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar
• Café Ole’
• Capital Grill
• CC’s Bacon Candy
• Cerami’s Italian Restaurant
• Fat Cake Guy
• Grant’s Kitchen
• Hickory Pit Barbeque
• Islander Grill
• Jaco’s Tacos
• Julep Restaurant & Bar
• Kent’s Cajun Kitchen
• Monte’s Steak & Seafood
• Olga’s Fine Dining
• Penn’s Fish House
• Petra’s Café
• Pizza Shack
• Que Sera
• Soulshine Pizza Factory
• State Street Barbeque