LeFleur Museum District Announces “Week of Wonder” Spring Break Partnership, Special Events, and Savings
Posted on: February 14,2020
Locals and tourists are invited to enjoy an exciting Spring Break “Week of Wonder” in Jackson’s award-winning LeFleur Museum District (LMD) from March 9 -March 13, 2020. The LMD’s four uniquely amazing museums, located at I-55 and Lakeland Drive, are offering visitors special Spring Break events, exhibits, and discounts.
The LMD has partnered with The District at Eastover to offer visitors wonderful dining specials from Cultivation Food Hall, Fine & Dandy, and Sophomore Spanish Club with the presentation of a “Week of Wonder” card (given to visitors when they check-in at each museum to redeem their LMD passes). A few activities begin on March 5 at the museums, but the dining discounts are offered from March 9 – 15.
The LMD is known for their collaborative projects and received the Southeast Tourism Society’s 2018 Shining Example Partnership Award for cooperative tourism work.
“The LeFleur Museum District is excited to partner with The District at Eastover on the Week of Wonder! Part of our mission is to inspire visitors with a sense of wonder. This promotion is a great way for locals to enjoy Spring Break in their own backyard and for Mississippians and tourists to get a taste of our state’s museums and culinary offerings,” said Charles Knight, President of the LeFleur Museum District and Director of MDWFP’s Mississippi Museum of Natural Science.
- Visitors can get “Week of Wonder” details and purchase a joint pass at 25% off of regular museum admission rates at www.lefleurmuseumdistrict.com. The museums in the LMD are: MDWFP’s Mississippi Museum of Natural Science, the Mississippi Agriculture & Forestry Museum, the Mississippi Children’s Museum, and the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame & Museum.
- Visitors will receive half-price kids’ meals at Cultivation Food Hall and Fine & Dandy and a free Kids’ Choco Taco Dessert at Sophomore Spanish Club (with the presentation of their “Week of Wonder” card during March 9 – 15, 2020).
- The Red Wagon will offer free rides between the museums on Monday, March 9th.
- In addition to special events and exhibits, visitors to the LMD can experience unforgettable moments in sports history and imagination-filled times with their children, a chance to relive the magic of small-town life, learn about early aviation and agriculture, and enjoy adventures on the wild side with living creatures, huge aquariums, and dinosaurs.
SPECIAL ACTIVITIES & EXHIBITS AT EACH MUSEUM INCLUDE:
MDWFP’s MISSISSIPPI MUSEUM OF NATURAL SCIENCE:
- The Robot Zoo exhibit
- March 6: Science Makers
- March 7: Fossil Road Show
- March 9-13: Teacher Workshops
- March 11: Pollinator Day
MS AGRICULTURE & FORESTRY MUSEUM:
- March 4: Children’s Barn Exhibit Opening
- March 5 -7: Spring Farm Days, scavenger hunt, and special programming
MS CHILDREN’S MUSEUM: A Wonder-ful Week of STEAM themed activities
- March 9 – 13: Spring Break Camp (not included with LMD pass)
- March 9: Science Monday and Paw Patrol’s Marshall, the Fire Truck Pup (10 a.m. -12:30 p.m.)
- March 10: Tech Tuesday
- March 11: Engineering Wednesday
- March 12: Math Thursday and Beginner and Advanced Chess Tournaments *pre-register on MCM’s website at www.mschildrensmuseum.org
- March 13: STEM Fair Friday
MS SPORTS HALL OF FAME & MUSEUM:
- Interactive, hands-on, sports themed exhibits for children of all ages
- Special spring break programming available online at www.msfame.liquidcreative.net
- Private event on Monday, March 9 until 2 p.m., otherwise open regular hours
Visit www.lefleurmuseumdistrict.com for “Week of Wonder” details and to buy discounted passes.